- This event has passed.
Visiting Professor Alexander Steinkasserer, Erlangen-Nuremberg
November 17, 2016 @ 4:15 pm - 5:30 pm
Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Alexander Steinkasserer is the Head of the Immune Modulation Department at the University Hospital Erlangen, Friedrich Alexander University of Erlangen-Nuremberg, and is a professor there. He completed his studies in biology at Innsbruck and earned a PhD degree and Habilitation status from the University of Vienna. He has also held fellowships at Oxford and Munich and other leadership positions.
The research areas that Professor Alexander Steinkasserer and his team focus on are the following:
- Immune-modulation in autoimmunity and transplantation by soluble CD83
- Transcriptional in vivo targeting of dendritic cells using the human CD83 promoter
- In vivo targeting of dendritic cells to induce potent anti-tumoral immune responses directly in patients
- Intracellular signal transduction of CD83 in dendritic cells
- Immune-modulation by TSLP and CD83
- The interaction between dendritic cells and viruses
Professor Steinkasserer’s talk will be on the how the CD83 molecule modulates the immune systems by the induction of regulatory T cells.